TIG Welding Services by WS Fabrication: Versatility and Applications Beyond Steel06 December 2023
Maximise TIG welding services by WS Fabrication to attain quality metal parts and components. Discover their versatility and applications. Call (03) 9729 0955.
Welding is an essential process in a lot of industries. It joins two or more pieces of metal or thermoplastic materials by melting them and fusing them. The process involves the use of heat, pressure, and filler material to generate a strong and permanent bond between the materials being joined. Some industries that use welding are manufacturing, construction, and automotive.
Many types of welding can be utilised by industries. One of them is tungsten inert gas or TIG welding. It generally stands out for its precision and versatility.
A Quick Overview of TIG Welding
TIG welding is a welding process that uses a non-consumable tungsten electrode to create the weld. Its versatility lies in its ability to work with a variety of metals and materials. Although it is commonly used for steel, TIG welding is an excellent choice for other applications as well.
This type of welding is also renowned for the precision and quality it delivers in various applications. The process offers fine control over the heat input, resulting in clean, strong welds with minimal distortion. This precision is particularly advantageous in applications where tight tolerances and structural integrity are paramount.
Process Materials with TIG Welding
TIG welding is a versatile welding process that can be used to join a wide range of materials. Some of these materials are as follows.
• Stainless Steel: TIG welding is commonly used for stainless steel due to its ability to produce clean and aesthetically pleasing welds. It is widely used in applications where corrosion resistance and appearance are crucial, such as in the food industry and architectural structures.
• Carbon Steel: TIG welding is also suitable for carbon steel, which is commonly used in general manufacturing, construction, and other industries.
• Aluminium: TIG welding is well-suited for aluminium and its alloys. It is often used in the aerospace industry, as well as for manufacturing components in the automotive and bicycle industries.
• Copper and Copper Alloys: TIG welding can be used for materials like copper, brass, and bronze. It is employed in applications where electrical conductivity and corrosion resistance are important.
• Titanium: TIG welding is the preferred method for joining titanium, especially in industries like aerospace and medical, where the material’s exceptional strength-to-weight ratio is crucial.
Primary Applications Beyond Steel
TIG welding finds applications in several industries that require precision and high-quality welds.
The aerospace industry, for one, maximises TIG welding to process critical components of aircraft. TIG welding is also used by the automotive industry to join parts of exhaust systems, chassis, and aluminium body panels. The electronics industry, alternatively, uses TIG welding to join delicate components of appliances and equipment pieces. Even medical devices and tools can be joined and connected by TIG welding. Other items that can be joined by TIG welding are pipelines and artwork.
At WS Fabrication, we offer quality TIG welding services across industries where precision, quality, and control over the welding process are vital. From aerospace to medical devices, this specific service plays a crucial role in delivering reliable and high-quality welds in diverse applications, making it a preferred choice if you seek excellence in welding craftsmanship.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO